Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Rosary Repair

A few weeks ago I put a notice in my parish bulletin offering free rosary repair. I've had more than a few parishioners take me up on my offer and all have had their rosaries repaired and back in working order. I'm happy to do it, just to know someone is able to pray their rosary again. Several people said they tried to find someone to fix it, but had no luck.

I'm sending out the same offer here. If you have a rosary with broken links or chain, I will repair it for free -- just the cost of shipping. If you are missing beads, I can try to find a replacement and will fix it at cost. Just send me an e-mail.

.

10 comments:

Angie said...

What a beautiful thing to offer! It is surely a blessing to those you help!

Anonymous said...

Where do I send the rosary to? I have a beautiful rosary someone gave me from Italy it broke 2 days ago(got stuck inbetween my seatbelt)my e-mail is lorid@siscom.net if you can send instructions there I would appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful I found Barbara, I sent my rosary all broken up and it was sent back to me just as beautiful as when I first received them!! She did a terrific job, and fast. God is good. And Barbara is an angel!

Lorraine H. said...

I had a rosary that I had found after it was missing from when I was young that had been blessed by Pope Pius XII. It was broken and I wanted to find a way to fix it, but couldn't find the right thing until I stumbled upon Barbara's prayerfulbeads blog. The latest comment had been written over eight months ago, so I wasn't sure if Barbara would still respond, but she did.

She was willing to let me send my rosary to her so she could see if she could fix it and didn't want any money other than the cost of postage. I was so excited when she wrote saying she could fix it even though I didn't realize several of the beads were missing from the rosary and that she could also fix that. She is one of God's angels on earth and does such a remarkable job that nobody would know that the rosary had been broken.

Thank you, Barbara, for the beautiful rosary I had returned to me as I barely knew it was the same broken one that I had originally sent to you. May God bless you and your family over and over for your dedication and beautiful help to those who request it.
~~Lorraine H., Seneca, IL. ~~

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am hopeing that the offer to fix rosary's is still availible, my Grandmother gave me herrosary and it was her Mothers before her, unfortunately it is not the beads it is the crucifix, I am getting Baptised as an adult at this years Easter vigil, and my Mother-in-law's also is in need of repair it was her Mother's who passed away a few years ago. Please contact me anytime at jesscap2002@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

i have a very large rosary from my grandmother's funeral ..my 2 year old son recently tore the cross and a few beads off...my email is abyars87@gmail.com

thank you

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara,
I received a rosary from my husband's grandmother when she died and one of my children broke the chain and lost one of the beads. I believe it is a Czech glass of some sort and has a blue/yellow color. Can you repair such an item? Thank you kbigott@simpletruths.com

Anonymous said...

Barbara:
I have a rosary that is broken into several pieces. I have all the beads. It is a rosary that we purchased at Never in France. What is your email or how do I contact you to send this rosary to you for repair?

Thank you,

John Stevens

Anonymous said...

Barbara:

I just posted the comment above about the broken beads. My email address is
johnstevens25@sbcglobal.net .

Thank you,

John Stevens