Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vintage Bronze Crucifix and Center



click on image to enlarge

Everyone once in a while someone will give me a broken rosary, missing parts, in hopes that I will be able to turn it into something else. I love these vintage pieces and though I can't always do something with them right away, I always save them with the hope that I will find a use for them. I recently matched up a vintage scapular center and crucifix and made a one decade rosary with some 8 mm black onyx beads, frosted gold Czech glass beads and black Japanese seed beads. The resulting rosary will be a gift for one of my son's friends and I know it will be valued.

The crucifix has "JESUS NAZARERUS REX JUDÆORUM" imprinted above the corpus -- "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews." On the reverse is "Father forgive them; Behold this heart which has so loved men."


.

1 comment:

lj tanner said...

Oh, most certainly you will not find such lovely vintage pieces again, but if you should please contact me. (rlvtanner@msn.com) We like to give our children rosaries for their First Communion that they can keep forever, not just childhood, and my first son is up next after his two sisters. A rosary like this one (but with the four extra decades) would be perfect for a little boy. Rustic, not pretty, would do just fine. Thanks!

Lauren