Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

An Auto Rosary for Me

.

Click on the image to enlarge it.


I feel badly that I have neglected this blog, but it's not because I haven't been making rosaries. On the contrary, I've been so busy making rosaries I don't have time write about them. I also have not been creating original works and there's no sense in posting pictures of rosaries I already have pictured.

Through this blog, I have become a popular source of Seven Sorrows Chaplets, and most of what I am creating these days has to do with the Seven Sorrows of Mary. She is speaking to me, eh? In fact, in some cases I am creating three and four of the same chaplet for folks to give as gifts. I don't mind the work, it's just not very creative to make four of the same rosary. I have to offer up the loss of creativity for the cause.

A few Sundays ago, I had about 30 minutes of spare time and decided to create a car rosary for myself. Being a rosary maker you'd think I'd have my own rosaries all over the place. Ha! Until I made this auto rosary I had one of my own rosaries. I give them all away.

I used the same beads for this rosary that I used in the Pro-Life rosary. I like these little squares. They are not only nice to finger, but they reflect the light beautifully in the car. They are separated by the palest blue Czech glass pearl beads and I used a large blue glass bead for the Pater. I chose a Divine Mercy center because I often pray the Divine Mercy chaplet in the car, and I used a log style crucifix. The magnetic clasp makes it easy for me to grab my rosary and then out it back when I am finished.

.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I had to laugh at your comment...

Being a rosary maker you'd think I'd have my own rosaries all over the place. Ha! Until I made this auto rosary I had one of my own rosaries. I give them all away.

I'm a rosary maker too and I don't even have one of my own despite making heaps LOL
Many prayers
Warmly
Kristie
www.preciousrosaries.com