Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother and Daughter

.

These two rosaries were recently created for a mother, the Seven Sorrows Chaplet, and a daughter, for her First Holy Communion.

The Seven Sorrows Chaplet, created with the colored medals and the cocoa glass pearls from Jill's mother's bracelet, turned out very pretty I think. Its recipient found it to be very old-fashioned looking, which I'll take as a compliment.

The Seven Sorrows of Mary, also known as the Seven Dolors, are contemplated through the seven sets of seven Aves and seven Paters. This devotion to the Blessed Mother originates in the thirteenth century. On the Seven Sorrows chaplet, we meditate upon the Seven Sorrows the Virgin Mother endured by witnessing the life and death of her Son, Our Lord Jesus.

Click on the image to see it close up.

~~~~~~~

I really fell in love with the First Holy Communion rosary. Originally her mother wanted it to be made with pink pearls. But what a time I had finding pink pearls -- they were all very peachy in color. I finally found these pink glass beads, sort of a pink tiger's eye. When I put them next to the center that I was using, I thought it was so pretty. The center is pewter with an enamel setting and the scrolled crucifix is pewter.


Click on the image to see it close up.



.

No comments: