Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Antique Brass and Caramel

.


I bought these caramel mother of pearls beads a while ago. Each time I started a rosary, I would pick them up and look at them, and put them down to use something else. I did the same thing with this beautiful brass center and crucifix. They were so beautiful that the rosary I used them on needed to be just right. I just didn't know what it needed in order to be just right.


Yesterday I was rummaging through some supplies I had stashed in a basket when I came across a bag of beads from "discarded" rosaries. Sometimes folks give me broken bits of rosaries that they just don't know what to do with because it's wrong to throw away a rosary if you don't know if it's been blessed. And so, I have a collection of rosary bits and pieces that I occasionally use to make new rosaries. In the bag were a few decades of a rosary made with these beautiful white grooved milk glass beads. When I saw them, I realized what I needed for the caramel Mother of Pearl beads, and brass crucifix and centerpiece.

This strung rosary is made with 6 mm caramel Mother of Pearl Ave beads (which is actually the natural color of Mother of Pearl), 7 mm white milk grooved glass Pater beads, separated with Japanese crystal seed beads and Czech white pearl beads. The Miraculous center and crucifix are antiqued brass.


click on the image to enlarge





SOLD



.

No comments: