Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For the New Priest

.

We had a wonderful deacon at our parish during the past year. He was a seminarian at the local Pontifical College Josephinum, a beautiful, reverent man full of joy for the Lord. I posted this homily of his at Praying for Grace, and I will always remember that lovely story during my Advent preparation.

Deacon Victor left our parish and finished his schooling in May. He returned to his home state of Wisconsin to be ordained. He will be a fabulous priest, I am certain. I created a rosary for him because I want him to know how much I have faith in him as an awesome man of God.

The beads of this rosary are hematite, the Aves are oval and he Paters are round. I've mentioned before that I really like the hematite because it warms up in your hands. The center is a pewter Scapular center, and the crucifix, also pewter, is large and masculine, but beautiful.



click on the image to enlarge


.

2 comments:

Lori from MN said...

Barbara,
What a beautiful rosary you made! I am quite certain you will be remembered, and richly blessed, for your loving generosity.

Lenetta @ Nettacow said...

I'm so glad I finally found you again! You made rosaries last summer for my daughter and nieces, and they were so beautiful. I now have a blog and though I don't have a ton of readers, I will be posting on your lovely work.