Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Behold the Man for Father Tony

.


click on the image to enlarge

Our associate pastor has been reassigned and is leaving this week for his new parish where he will be pastor. We have certainly become very fond of Father Tony. He is a young, sweet man with an obvious love for God and his vocation. We have had the pleasure of being his parishioners almost since he was assigned at our parish straight from seminary in Rome. God bless Fr. Tony in this next step on his path of service to God.

This rosary I created for Fr. Tony is made with mahogany obsidian 8 mm beads, set apart with black hexagonal glass Japanese seed beads, and black copper (which appear brown) Czech beads. The Paters are set apart with antique brass spacers. The center is Ecce Homo, Behold the Man, in antique brass, and the crucifix is also in antique brass.




Not Available
.

3 comments:

WrinnMom said...

What a wonderful "manly" rosary! He will cherish it for years to come, I'm sure.

Julia said...

Just beautiful - as are all your rosaries. I truly wish you could come sit at my table and teach me how! LOL Did you teach yourself?

scmom (Barbara) said...

Thank you, both, for your kind comments. Julia, it really just takes having the right tools. I, too, wish I could sit down and teach you. I pretty much taught myself, and my technique has improved over the years. These strung rosaries are very easy -- except the crimping part which can get tricky. My wire often twists and then I end up doing it two or three times!