Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sorrowful Mother

.

It's been so long since I've posted pictures of rosaries. I suppose that's because I haven't made very many lately. I've been busy knitting, quilting, cooking, and reading, but not making rosaries. I also loved having that beautiful purple
rosary (Refuge of Sinners) at the top of my blog page.

My dry spell ended, however, when I recently gave my mother-in-law a CD of Immaculée Ilibagiza when she spoke at our Women's Catholic Conference last year. My in-laws were driving to Florida and I thought she would enjoy listening to Immaculée while they drove. Before they even got to Florida she called to tell me that she "needed" an Our Lady of Sorrows chaplet -- one in red and white. She also wanted one for her sister, who they were going to be staying with.

I got busy choosing beads, making trips to various bead stores for just the right colors and finally I had all the pieces together. I've afraid these pictures don't do this rosary justice. It sparkles and shimmers in such a beautiful way -- you'll just have to trust me, I suppose. ;-)


The Aves are oval mother-of-pearl beads, and the Paters and center bead are garnet crystal. The Paters are crowned with pewter spacers and silver-lined alabaster and garnet Japanese seed beads provide more color and sparkle.


click on picture to enlarge

The prayers of the Seven Sorrows of Mary chaplet, as given by the Blessed Mother, to the visionaries at Kibeho, can be found here.





click on picture to enlarge


.

No comments: