Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Stained Glass

.


click on image to enlarge



Many of the rosaries that I have made lately have been special requests. Lovely people contact me and ask can I put this center with that crucifix and use those beads. I never mind making a special rosary for someone -- I know it's likely to be used often if it is special. Occasionally, however, I get to pick out all the parts and make up something just for fun.

These beads were some that I bought because I had never seen anything like them. They are faceted, fire-polished glass, called vitrail, which is a French word meaning stained glass. They reflect the colors around them, as well as the light. I see a lot of green reflected and they become brighter in bright light and darker in dim light -- very pretty. I used them to make this Seven Sorrows Chaplet, prayed using these prayers.



SOLD

.

No comments: