Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Garden Enclosed, Our Blessed Mother



.



click image to enlarge


This beautiful center featuring Our Blessed Mother at the garden gates was the inspiration for this rosary, made for a very kind family friend. The detail on this antique brass Miraculous center is perfect, as was Our Blessed Mother. From the stars above her head to the folds of her dress to the detail on each flower -- so beautiful.





The crucifix, also in antique brass is also so elegant.






The natural hues of the 6mm honey jade beads compliment the colors of the brass beautifully. Set apart with dark brass, and alabaster seed beads, the colors of the honey jade Aves range from golden honey to a rich amber. The Paters, set apart by brass caps, are 8mm pale camel colored Czeck druk beads.





Can be recreated

.

7 comments:

Lenetta @ Nettacow said...

I just had to click through and say that this is SO BEAUTIFUL, I actually got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, pray for us!!

Very, very well done, Barbara - I just know the Lord is so pleased with your handiwork.

scmom (Barbara) said...

Thank you, Lenetta. You are so kind.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! This is SO beautiful, Barbara! I love the colors and the antique brass. The details on the Mary center and Crucifix are exquisite. Wow! This Rosary simply took my breath away.

scmom (Barbara) said...

Thank you, Sarah. I put it in the mail to our friend this week. I hope she, too, likes it!

Em said...

LOVE this...how much would it cost, if it were recreated? I'm thinking it would make a good Christmas gift for a friend...

scmom (Barbara) said...

Em, The cost would be $34 plus shipping. Just email me or leave me a comment with your contact information if you are interested.

Em said...

Thanks Barbara! It's so beautiful (really, I just want all your rosaries, I love them ALL!) My email is emdeardo@gmail.com