Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Lady of Sorrows Caramel and Cream

.
The title of this rosary sounds more like a decadent dessert than a devotional tool. That's alright. I don't think our lady would mind if we try to sweeten her sorrow with our prayers.




click on image to enlarge

The chaplet is made with caramel-colored Mother of Pearl Ave beads separated with ivory and silver-lined white seed beads. The Paters are ivory Druk glass beads with flower petal shaped spacers.

The prayers of the chaplet, one version of which has become very popular recently with the story of Immaculée Ilibagiza and her devotion to the chaplet, are beautiful, and like the rosary bring us closer to Jesus through His Holy Mother. I am amazed at how many people find me through the internet looking for an Our Lady of Sorrows chaplet. I am so happy to help others find a greater love for our Our Lord and His mother through this particular devotion.

I gave this rosary away on my blog Praying for Grace, but it can be recreated at your request.

.

No comments: