Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Miraculous Mother






click on images to enlarge
.


Each year my son's all boys' school holds a silent auction just before Christmas and each year I donate several rosaries for the auction. This year I made all strung rosaries and I think that they have a definite European look. The one pictured here is a tenner, with a bronze crucifix and bronze Miraculous Medal.

The Aves are 6 mm turquoise stone beads, and the Pater is an 8 mm Swarovski fern green round, with bronze caps. They are strung on a steel wire separated by gold and silver-lined charcoal gray seed beads. The crucifix and Miraculous Medal are hand cast in antique bronze from vintage pieces. The rosary is 8.5 inches from end to end.












Can be recreated

.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is GORGEOUS, Barbara!

Sarah Oldham said...

I would love one of these. Email me your address and the cost . . . I'll post out payment and you can come through with it when you are ready. If after Christmas, that's fine. It's for me. ;) Something this meaningful and beautiful, I can wait for.

Sarahs(dot)Journey(at)yahoo.com