Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adventus

 .



click on image to enlarge


The word "advent" comes from the Latin word "adventus" which means "coming." I have to keep reminding my children that Advent means Christ is coming, not here. Coming in the future, not here in the present (in other words, we must wait). I think that's why I love the color purple so much in our liturgical calendar. The color purple, the color of penitence, offers a visual separation from Christmas. While we are seeing purple (and rose) it is not yet Christmas.

When I pulled these glass beads out of my stash and paired them with these gold beads and antique brass pieces, it just looked like Advent to me: adventus -- coming.






The Aves are 6mm purple glass beads, separated with gold and metallic purple glass seed beads. The Paters are 8 mm round, gold, Czech Druk glass beads capped with antique brass. The center is an antique brass medal with the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Miraculous image of Mary. The crucifix is large, and beautifully ornate.



$36, plus mailing and insurance ($4 in U.S.)

.

No comments: