Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

St. Michael, Protector of the Military

.
.

I was recently privileged to work with a former member of the U.S. Marine Corps to create a St. Michael chaplet. He and I worked together to find just the right parts, from the Aves and Paters, to the Scapular center and, finally, a medal with the image of St. Michael on one side and the the USMC emblem on the other. It is such a pleasure for me to work with someone who wants to create a special rosary or chaplet because I know how very special that sacramental will become, and how well used it will be.



 click on image to enlarge



The Aves are 6 mm blue fossil beads, the Paters are 8mm intricate pewter beads and they are linked together in the pattern of the St. Michael chaplet -- nine groups of three. The center is a pewter Scapular image and the St. Michael medal is also pewter, with the image of the USMC emblem stamped on the reverse side.









.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Very pretty! Still wanting to learn to make rosaries! Maybe this will be the year? LOL

scmom (Barbara) said...

Thanks, Julia.

Melissa said...

Are you currently making any? How much would this one be?

ScrapinFunatic said...

Ohhhh, I love this one, I also love the colors of the beads.

Can you tell me if you would have a police officer written on it, instead of military.

Thank you

Denise
mommiesmemorie@yahoo.com