Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Comforter of the Afflicted

 .
I have great confidence in Our Blessed Mother to care for her earthly children in their time of need. She is sympathetic to our needs, whether they are physical or spiritual. My 19-year-old niece recently started battling thyroid cancer and has had several surgeries in the past month or so. I wanted to give her something to remind her that Our Blessed Mother understands her suffering and will be faithful in her prayers when asked. This sweet little bracelet is featherlight, and very delicate, but Mother Mary is always there -- a constant reminder of consolation.

 The bracelet is made with 6mm Blue Lace Agate, capped with copper caps and hand-wrapped with bronze wire. The tiny Miraculous Medal is hand cast from solid bronze. The bar and toggle clasp is also hand cast bronze. The matching earrings are also made with the 6mm Blue Lace Agate, copper caps and hand-wrapped with bronze wire, with a tiny Swarovski bicone crystal on the bottom, and hooked on French bronze wires.




 click on image to enlarge







SOLD
can be recreated
.




2 comments:

ScrapinFunatic said...

Oh Barbara, I just love all your work. I would love to learn to make these and rosaries. My cousin makes them for friends and wedding gifts.

Blessings to you and your family.

Denise
mommiesmemorie@yahoo.com

Julie said...

Truly beautiful, Barbara. Am praying for your niece. God Bless.
Julie