Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Love is...



"Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I remember that scripture verse from my own wedding. It all seemed so true at the time...at the beginning, before we had lived through any tough times together. In reality, we know that the kind of love that comes after the wedding is often rude, seeks its own interests, and is most definitely quick-tempered. It is the love that comes through God, however, that is kind, patient and endures all things. Sometimes it takes many years of marriage to achieve that kind of love, but through God, and only through God, everything is most definitely possible.

My sweet younger cousin will be married soon and I made for her, and her husband-to-be, wedding rosaries. They were a delight to make, as I picked out each part specifically to go with the others, just for her.




click on images to enlarge


The bride's wedding color is a beautiful, vivid, peacock blue and I chose the Paters for both rosaries to remind her of her wedding day (I think the photo below of the crucifixes is most representative of the true color). The bride's Aves are 6mm cream Swarovski pearls, and the grooms are 8mm onyx beads.



The Paters are 8mm, faceted, aurora borealis, capri blue, Swarovski crystals capped in bronze. They are separated by bronze Czech and crystal Japanese seed beads.




The centers are a heart with a cross in the center and the crucifixes, also matching, have a heart at each side and top and bottom. The centers and crucifix are hand cast in solid bronze from vintage pieces.



 





SOLD
These are one-of-a-kind rosaries.
Contact me in the comment box or using my email address in the sidebar to create something to suit your taste and needs.

.

3 comments:

Janette said...

STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL - in sentiment and in craft. I feel like crying and I'm not even at the Wedding!

Barb, sfo said...

What a beautiful wedding gift! They're gorgeous.

Sara said...

They are truly gorgeous.