Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

St. Peregrine, pray for us

.

 click on images to enlarge

A month or so ago, a rosary friend asked me to create a rosary for a dear friend of hers, one whose family member had recently received a diagnosis of cancer. With the diagnosis of lung cancer, my friend learned that the colors of ivory and burgundy are the symbolic colors of lung cancer and she asked that I incorporate those colors, as well as the patron of cancer patients, St. Peregrine.





The Ave beads are 6mm Poppy Jasper, and the Paters are ivory Czech Druk glass capped in bronze and tiny grooved antique bronze beads. The Miraculous Medal and crucifix are solid bronze hand cast from vintage pieces, as is the beautiful St. Peregrine medal. On the reverse side of the S. Peregrine image is Our Sorrowful Mother. The links are antique bronze and "mother and son" chain is used between the Paters and Aves.



This is a one-of-a-kind rosary.
Contact me in the comment box or using my email address in the sidebar to create something to suit your taste and needs.



A Prayer to St. Peregrine for Sick Relatives and Friends

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," the "The Wonder Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you obtained from God for those who have turned to you in their need. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being. You turned to God when the power of human beings could do no more, and you were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction. I now ask God to heal these sick persons whom I entrust to you:
(Here mention their names)
Aided by your powerful intercession, I shall sing with Mary a hymn of gratitude to God for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

No comments: