Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sorrowful Mother, pray for us

.

click on images to enlarge


The Seven Sorrows chaplet is a beautiful rosary, similar to the five-decade rosary but meditating on the Seven Sorrows of Mary instead of the Joyful, Glorious, Sorrowful and Luminous Mysteries. On each of the seven sorrows, an Our Father is prayed followed by the seven Hail Marys.

It was several years ago when I was first asked to make a Seven Sorrows chaplet and I have been asked to make many, many since then, when Immaculee Ilibagiza revealed in her books and began speaking of her dedication to the chaplet during her life in Rwanda. The Blessed Mother, through Immaculee and the visionaries of Kibeho have renewed an interest in the Seven Sorrows chaplet and for that I am grateful.








This chaplet is made from 6mm fancy jasper beads and rectangular, bronze-colored, metal beads for the Paters. The beads are wire wrapped by hand using 20 gauge bronze wire. The Sorrowful Heart of the Blessed Mother is the rosary's center and the Seven Sorrows of Mary medal finishes the chaplet. They are both hand cast in solid bronze from vintage pieces. There are currently three beads below the center, but for those who prefer four, a bead can be added.

SOLD

If you are interested in this rosary, contact me by leaving a comment or using my email address found in the sidebar


.

3 comments:

Anne said...

That's just lovely, you do such nice work, wire wrapping is tedious and takes forever. :)

scmom (Barbara) said...

Thanks, Anne. Yes, it is tedious -- but a labor of love.

Janette said...

You know my devotion to the Seven Sorrows Chaplet - this one is BEAUTIFUL!!!! In gratitude for your labors of love!