Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Military Rosaries



Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen. 


When I know of a soldier headed into war, I like to arm him with Our Lady's greatest weapon -- a rosary with a St. Michael medal. I recently learned of two online friends whose husbands were headed to Afghanistan, and I got busy.




This rosary is made with black onyx Aves and Pater Nosters. The Paters are capped with bronze caps, in the shape of leaves. The center is bronze, hand cast, with the image of Our Lord on one side and His Holy Mother on the the other. I attached a St. Michael medal, also bronze, at the center. The crucifix is matching. The beads are hand wire-wrapped with 20 gauge bronze wire. It is very durable and hopefully will be in use for a long time for this young soldier.






This rosary is a black twine rosary, with a bronze hand-cast St. Michael medal attached at the center, along with a brass fish charm. His wife told me he will be acting as Catholic Lay Leader for his unit, and so I thought it appropriate to add a fishers of men symbol. The bronze crucifix is matching.


If you are interested in a recreation of either of these rosaries, contact me by leaving a comment or using my email address found in the sidebar.



1 comment:

Krisa Ramirez said...

Hi there!

I'm interested in purchasing the black twine rosary (the latter one of the two presented on this page). Please get back to me at krisavana@gmail.com. I'd like to know your price and if I can receive this on time by April 2014. Thanks so much! Your creations are beautiful by the way!

Regards,
Potential fan