Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Tell me, can anyone receive Jesus into his heart and not die? "

Those words were spoken often by Imelda Lambertini, the patron saint of First Communicants. Miraculously, her words were most prophetic. Her story, from catholicculture.org:

Blessed Imelda Lambertini is a model for all in her great love for the Blessed Sacrament. Born in Bologna, she was a pious child who begged her parents to allow her to become a Dominican when she was just nine. Her parents, though saddened at having to be separated from their only child, recognized God's will for their daughter, and Imelda joined the nuns at Val di Pietra. Her status among the nuns is unclear. She received the habit and participated in the life of the nuns to some extent. At that time, children were not allowed to make their First Holy Communion until age 14, but Imelda prayed continually that she would be able to receive Our Lord without having to wait so long. When she was 11, after Mass on the vigil of the Feast of the Ascension, the Sacred Host was seen suspended amidst a brilliant light above Imelda's head. The chaplain, who was immediately summoned, gave the Host to Imelda. Afterwords, the nuns left her alone to make her thanksgiving. The prioress soon discovered, however, that Imelda, who had been in ecstasy, had died shortly after receiving her First Holy Communion, so much in love was she with Our Lord in the Eucharist. Blessed Imelda was declared Patroness of First Communicants by Pope St. Pius X.

I just wanted to share that story today because I have always found it fascinating. If you have a son or daughter, or grandchild, making his or her First Eucharist this year, please pass on the story of Blessed Imelda, and ask for her prayers.

I have three First Holy Communion rosaries, one for a boy and two for girls.


This rosary is made with amethyst glass beads, and has a chalice center and lily of the valley crucifix.  The Our Father beads are aurora borealis glass with silver caps.


 click on image to enlarge








SOLD
If you are interested in purchasing this rosary, or commissioning me for another rosary, leave a comment or contact me using my email address in the sidebar

To purchase this rosary on my Etsy page, go here. The cost is slightly higher there to cover credit card fees.



For the little boy or girl who could not imagine having a rosary that is just one color, I created these two rosaries.


The one for little girls is made with a variety of pastel colors, pink, peridot, light sapphire, lilac, aqua and peach. The Our Father beads are slightly larger clear glass.

 click on images to enlarge




SOLD
If you are interested in purchasing this rosary, or commissioning me for another rosary, leave a comment or contact me using my email address in the sidebar

To purchase this rosary on my Etsy page, go here. The cost is slightly higher there to cover credit card fees.



The one for boys is made with rich colors: garnet, purple, brown, teal, topaz and emerald. The Our Father beads are pewter.

 click on images to enlarge




SOLD
If you are interested in purchasing this rosary, or commissioning me for another rosary, leave a comment or contact me using my email address in the sidebar

To purchase this rosary on my Etsy page, go here. The cost is slightly higher there to cover credit card fees.

No comments: