Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us




Oh ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look upon me with mercy. When you appeared in the grotto of Lourdes, you made it a privileged sanctuary where you dispense your favors, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. My loving Mother, obtain my request. I will try to imitate your virtues so that I may one day share your company and bless you in eternity. Amen.


 click on image to enlarge


The center on this rosary is one of my favorites. In fact, it is the center on the rosary I use most often. Since I was a young girl, I have had an attachment to Our Lady of Lourdes. At the school I attended as a young girl, we had a beautiful grotto, where I imagine I first developed that attachment. I think most young girls would love to imagine themselves in Bernadette's shoes, kneeling at the foot of Our Blessed Mother.









The Ave beads are 6mm silver grey Swarovski pearls, and the Pater Noster beads are 8mm purple velvet Swarovski crystals flanked with copper caps. They are strung on 49-strand flexible steel wire with silver-lined grey glass seed beads and bronze Charlotte seed beads.



The reverse side of the Our Lady of Lourdes center is the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The center and the crucifix are solid bronze, hand cast from vintage pieces.






SOLD

If you are interested in a recreation of this rosary, please leave a comment in the box or use my email address in the sidebar.


No comments: