Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lovely Lady in blue


Lovely Lady dressed in blue
 Teach me how to pray! 
 God was just your little boy, 
 Tell me what to say! 


There are not many times when I am tempted to keep, or recreate for myself, a rosary that I have made. I realize that it would be a form of gluttony to want more than I need to have a devotion to the rosary. 

This rosary almost undid me. I fell in love with it and have, thusfar, resisted recreating it. It is really, really beautiful, especially if you like blue. And I make no claim on its beauty -- it comes from the sum of its parts, and each piece is really, really pretty.


click on image to enlarge


The Ave beads are blue dumortierite, and the Paternoster beads are 8mm indigo Swarovski crystal, flanked with copper caps and 4mm bicone Swarovski clear crystals. They are strung on flexible steel wire with cobalt blue and brass Charlotte seed beads.






This rosary is made with a beautiful Ave Maria bronze piece at its center. It is paired with a simple yet elegant bronze crucifix, both hand cast from vintage pieces.

SOLD
If you are interested in a recreation of this rosary, or in a similar rosary in another color, please contact me in the comment box or by using my email address in the sidebar.




No comments: