Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sweet Flowering and Gracious Mercy


This simple rosary is elegant by use of the soft tones and glow of the 6mm dark green Swarovski pearl Aves and 6mm aurora borealis round Swarovski crystal Paters. They are wire-wrapped by hand with 20 gauge non-tarnishing silver wire for a very durable, heirloom-quality rosary.




click on image to enlarge



The center is an image of the Blessed Mother, haloed with flowering dogwood, and the crucifix is a beautiful Dogwood tree crucifix, reminiscent of the Dogwood Tree legend:

"It is said at the time of the Crucifixion, the dogwood was comparable in size to the oak tree and other monarchs of the forest. Because of its firmness and strength it was selected as the timber for the Cross, but to be put to such a cruel use greatly distressed the tree. Sensing this, the crucified Jesus in His gentle pity for the sorrow and suffering of all said to it: "Because of your sorrow and pity for My sufferings, never again will the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a gibbet. Henceforth it will be slender, bent and twisted and its blossoms will be in the form of a cross -- two long and two short petals. In the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints -- brown with rust and stained with red -- and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see this will remember." - Fisheaters.com












Both the crucifix and center are pewter and are set apart with 4mm Swarovski bicone crystals.


The rosary comes in a white gift box.

This rosary is available at my Etsy shop with all the proceeds to be donated to our local Pregnancy Decision Health Center, committed to greater compassion for women facing an unplanned pregnancy.



SOLD

No comments: