Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Holy Communion


My Etsy shop is bare bones, but I put two new First Holy Communion rosaries up this morning.




Mary's Star




click on images to enlarge






This pretty handmade rosary is the perfect choice for a young girl making her First Holy Communion. The Ave beads are 6mm milky white glass beads and the Pater beads are 8mm blue, white, and yellow millefiori glass beads -- a pretty yellow and white daisy on a blue glass background. 

The ox-eye daisy, a traditional white daisy with yellow center, is commonly found in a Mary garden.
"The legend told is that the Magi followed the star to Bethlehem but weren't sure where to go once there. King Melchior then saw the ox-eye daisy growing, which looked very much like the star they'd followed. He picked it, and the door to the stable opened revealing the Holy Family." source: fisheaters.com

The center of the rosary is a nickel Communion chalice and the nickel crucifix is a pretty design with scrolled ends. The links and chain are nickel.











Azure and green rosary



click on images to enlarge








This handsome rosary is just perfect for a young boy making his First Holy Communion. It is colorful enough to get his attention, yet not childish.

The Ave beads are 6mm deep azure blue beads with flecks of darker blue and the Pater beads are 8mm crackled glass -- half azure and half pistachio green. The nickel center is a Communion chalice and the nickel crucifix is a unique and masculine design.

The rosary comes in a white gift box. 


SOLD

No comments: