Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Covenant and a Field of Virtues




In the Old Testament, we are told: "When the bow is in the clouds, I will look upon it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth." Genesis 9:16

In the New testament, Jesus Christ Himself tell us “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you." Luke 22:20

The rainbow is the beautiful symbol of the Old Covenant and the chalice is a symbol of the New Covenant. Both are represented in this beautiful First Eucharist rosary. They are both affirmation that God loves us.


click on images to enlarge







The 6mm glass beads are the colors of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, shades of green, blue, and violet. The crystal clear Pater beads have tiny scalloped silver caps. The two-sided chalice center and crucifix are base metal as are the links and chain.


This rosary is available in my Etsy shop.



~~~~~~~~~



"The hermitage is a paradise of delight where the fragrant scents of the virtues are breathed forth like sweet sap or glowing spice-flowers. There the roses of charity blaze in crimson flame and the lilies of purity shine in snowy beauty, and with them the humble violets whom no winds assault because they are content with lowly places; there the myrrh of perfect penance perfumes the air and the incense of constant prayer rises unceasingly. 

But why should I call to mind these in particular? For the lovely buds of all the holy virtues glow there many-coloured and graces flourish in an undying greenness beyond the power of words to describe. O hermitage! delight of holy souls, unfailing in your inner sweetness."
St. Peter Damian

Such a beautiful quote, likening virtues to the beauty of God's creation in fields of flowers.


click on images to enlarge


This rosary for First Holy Communion rosary is filled with all the colors of the flowers, blue, red, orange, yellow, green, and violet. The beads are 6mm glass and the Pater beads are emerald green with tiny scalloped silver caps. 









The two-sided chalice and beautiful crucifix are base metal as are the links and chain.

This rosary is available in my Etsy shop.








No comments: