Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baptismal Promises rosary





Scallop shell: the sea shell, especially the scallop shell, is the symbol of Baptism, and is found frequently on Baptismal fonts. The dish used by priests to pour water over the heads of catechumens in Baptism is often scallop-shaped. -- from fisheaters.com



click on images to enlarge


This beautiful rosary is a reminder of our Baptismal promises, whether they are made on behalf of a baby, on our own for the RCIA catechumen, or when we renew our promises every Easter.




The beautiful beads are light blue, just shy of periwinkle, Czech glass scallop shells. They are strung on strong steel wire with gilt-lined opal and sparkle silver gray-lined crystal seed beads. The Miraculous Medal center and crucifix are pewter.




This rosary is appropriate for a Baptismal gift, a new Catholic entering the church, or a woman of any age, in memory of her Baptismal promises. 




The rosary comes in a white gift box.


This rosary is available in my Etsy shop.




No comments: