Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Purple Glory Dogwood Tree rosary




click on images for a close-up




Since I learned about the Legend of the Dogwood Tree I have become fascinated with this tree. Their beautiful flowers, like so many things in nature, bring to mind the power of God in the glory we see all around us.
"It is said at the time of the Crucifixion, the dogwood was comparable in size to the oak tree and other monarchs of the forest. Because of its firmness and strength it was selected as the timber for the Cross, but to be put to such a cruel use greatly distressed the tree. Sensing this, the crucified Jesus in His gentle pity for the sorrow and suffering of all said to it: "Because of your sorrow and pity for My sufferings, never again will the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a gibbet. Henceforth it will be slender, bent and twisted and its blossoms will be in the form of a cross -- two long and two short petals. In the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints -- brown with rust and stained with red -- and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see this will remember." - Fisheaters.com








The beautiful beads on this rosary remind me of the gorgeous Purple Glory Dogwood whose leaves turn a black purple in the autumn. 

The Ave beads are 6mm blackberry Swarovski pearls, and the Pater beads are 8mm lilac shadow Swarovski crystals. The Pater beads are capped with silver plated filigree caps. 

The beads are linked with 20 gauge fine silver wire and each pin is hand-turned with care, as are the connectors.










The Madonna center, with the profile of Our Blessed Mother wreathed in Dogwood flowers, and the Dogwood tree crucifix are heavy pewter.



The rosary comes in a white gift box.



You can purchase this rosary at my Etsy shop.


No comments: