Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Millefiori Seven Sorrows Chaplet



The devotion of praying the Seven Sorrows chaplet was instituted in the 13th century in honor of the Seven Sorrows the Blessed Virgin Mary endured by her Divine Son. It is practiced upon a chaplet made up of seven times seven beads, each section of seven beads are divided from the rest by larger or different beads, representing the seven principal sorrows of her life. Each Hail Mary and Our Father is prayed while meditating on one of each of the Seven Sorrows of Mary and special prayers are prayed on the beads below the center.





The Ave beads of this chaplet are gorgeous 8mm blue, yellow and millefiori glass beads and the Paters are 8mm capri blue Swarovski crystals with silver filigree caps.

The Miraculous Medal center is pewter and the Our Lady of Sorrows medal, also pewter, is a beautiful unique style, with the image of Our Lord with the crown of thorns on the reverse.













The beads are linked with 20 gauge fine silver wire and each pin is hand-turned with care, as are the connectors.



The chaplet comes in a white gift box.

This chaplet is available for purchase in my Etsy shop.

No comments: