Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Sodalite Seven Sorrows Chaplet



And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed." (Luke 2: 34-35).




This devotion was instituted in the 13th century in honor of the Seven Sorrows the Blessed Virgin Mary endured by her Divine Son. It is practiced upon a Chaplet made up of seven times seven beads, each section of seven beads are divided from the rest by larger or different beads, representing the seven principal sorrows of her life. 

The Ave beads of this chaplet are 6mm sodalite beads. Sodalite has shades of blue from light blue to deep royal-blue, and from grayish-blue to violet. The Paters are 8mm clear Swarovski crystals with brass twisted rope bead caps. The beads are wire-wrapped with 20 gauge bronze wire for a very durable chaplet. The center and medal are set apart with 4mm clear aurora borealis bicone Swarovski crystals.







The center of the chaplet is the heart of the Seven Sorrows and the medal is Our Lady of Sorrows. On the reverse is the depiction of the crucifixion. The center and the medal are solid bronze, hand cast from vintage originals.




The chaplet is available in my Etsy shop.

No comments: