Due to unemployment, and thus financial hardship, I have changed my policy of not adding labor cost to my rosaries. I hope that you can understand why this is necessary and will continue to support my apostolate. At this time I need to support my family with my skills and resources. I have not added much to the cost of each item -- not as much as most vendors would, doubling or tripling their cost -- but just enough to contribute a small amount to my family's income.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Blue Iris Madonna Rosary



"Blue Iris, also called Sword Lily, from its sword-like foliage, was regarded as a symbol of Our Lady's Sorrows according to Simeon's words to Mary during the Presentation of Jesus in the temple: "And a sword shall pierce thy soul, that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed". -- University of Dayton Marian Library









This rosary, with the image of Our Blessed Mother at its center, is the perfect rosary for the woman in your life, or a gift for yourself. It would also be a beautiful Confirmation gift or for a neophyte at Easter, or even Mother's Day. 




The beads are 6mm fire-polished round Czech glass, in a color called blue iris -- with shades from teal green, leaf green, midnight blue, deep purple and plum. The colors are more vivid that I was able to catch with a camera lens. The beads are linked with nickel pins and chain.





The center and crucifix are nickel. The center is 3/4" and the crucifix is 2".





The rosary comes in a white gift box. Visit my Etsy shop to this and more rosaries and reigious jewelry.



No comments: